Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content


Transferring from another school

A Certifcate of Transfer should be obtained if a student transfers from one Queensland state school to another. The Interstate Student Data Transfer Note system is designed to transfer information between schools about students who move interstate, enabling new schools to support the educational placements of new students. Information on school policies, courses, and enrolment procedures are available on this website.

When transferring between schools:

  • consider timing - will the move coincide with the change of term

  • involve your children in discussions and decisions about moving - this may help allay any fears or concerns they have if you are moving from another state ( be aware that Year 7 is the final year of primary school in Queensland). 

  • discuss the forthcoming move with your current school and collect documentation outlining student achievement levels and education history.

  • prepare a list of your children's particular needs - e.g. preferred subjects, sporting and other interests transport needs, extracurricular activities

  • consider subject choices, special education provisions, transport to and from school, traineeship programs, and cultural and sporting opportunities

  • consider behaviour management, discipline and uniform policies and grounds.